Human Resources Generalist
- Rockville, MD
Our client in Montgomery County, MD is looking for a bi-lingual Human Resources Generalist to join their team. If you have experience working with unions and would like to join a thriving organization, apply today!
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Provides special project support as needed
- Manages expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have three to five years of HR experience in a generalist capacity.
- BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Finance, or directly related fields.
- Experience maintaining benefits programs, including health plans, FSA plans, 401k, STD, LTD, etc.
- Strong understanding of local and federal employment laws and experience researching and administering/managing international employment laws in a variety of countries.
- Must have experience working with unions and union employees
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
Back to top