Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Houston Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Human Resources Coordinator
The human resource coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The human resource coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Human Resources Coordinator's Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Human Resources Coordinator administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- The Human Resources Coordinator performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- The Human Resources Coordinator completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- The Human Resources Coordinator reconciles benefits statements.
- The Human Resources Coordinator conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- The Human Resources Coordinator assists with processing of terminations.
- The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- The Human Resources Coordinator assists with recruitment and interview process, tracks status of candidates in HRIS, and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- The Human Resources Coordinator schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of Human Resources.
- The Human Resources Coordinator makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- The Human Resources Coordinator files documents into appropriate employee files.
- The Human Resources Coordinator assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- The Human Resources Coordinator prepares new-employee files.
- The Human Resources Coordinator processes mail.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top