We are currently searching for a well-tenured HR Generalist to join one of our Professional Services clients in downtown DC! The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management in supporting various groups. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance.
- Audit benefits monthly in vendor site against information in ADP HRIS
- Assist with responding to employee requests/questions/concerns regarding various topics such as benefits, pay, etc.
- Assist employees with benefit issues/carrier complaints
- Manage STD and FMLA claims- track claims and work directly with the vendor to gather information as needed.
- Facilitate time off and return to work with employees and managers, ensure that the vendor provides correct ATP and that benefits payments are collected when employee is out
- Assist employees with benefit changes, update vendor system with benefit changes and ensure Payroll receives updated information with effective date
- Process Tuition Reimbursement requests, update spreadsheet and send to payroll for processing
- Manage benefits invoices monthly, coordinate with Accounting
- Enter new hire and termination benefit information into vendor system
- Update payroll changes spreadsheet and FMLA/STD tracking spreadsheet for payroll each pay period
- Other administrative duties as needed- create files, mailings, complete benefit request forms from state, child support info, etc.
- Respond to unemployment requests, employment verifications
- Assist the HR Director w/EEO Reporting, Vets 100 Reporting and Affirmative Action Plans
- Assist w/the research of the new and updated Employment Laws/Regulations.
- Assist in auditing ADP HRIS information
- Update ADP portal with new links/paperwork and other various information
- Update and maintain employee files online
- Run reports from ADP as needed
- Conduct I9 verification via E-Verify Recruitment
- Assist with the recruitment process to include reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews and conducting reference checks
- Assist with updating and maintaining job descriptions, auditing job description for appropriate classifications
- Provide administrative support to HR team on various HR programs for example, creation of HR newsletters, formatting job descriptions, posting job announcements, researching documents, creating PowerPoint presentations, preparing binders, typing or preparing letters/documents and filing.
- Compose and distribute routine written correspondence from human resources.
- Maintain human resources calendar.
- Maintain HR's primary email account and HR Hot Line #.
- Assist with performance evaluation process and associated webinars
- On boarding/Off Boarding Process
- Assist with conducting new hire orientations and exit interviews
- Prepare and send new hire email and 401k welcome email to new employees
- Assist with creating PowerPoint for trainings and presentations as needed
- Review and manage New Hire checklist and Termination Checklist for each employee to ensure all data is collected
- 5 - 7 years of HR experience in a generalist capacity , or other relevant professional experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Finance or directly related fields, or equivalent experience.
- SHRM Certified
- ADP or Ceridian Experience required
- Experience maintaining benefits programs, including health plans, FSA plans, 401k, STD, LTD, etc.
- Strong understanding of local and federal employment laws and experience researching and administering/managing international employment laws in a variety of countries.
Back to top