The Human Resources Assistant reports directly to the Director Human Resources and provides day-to-day support, compliance and accuracy in the following areas: administration of hiring, onboarding and employee data management. The Assistant role has primary accountability for the administration activities involved with the full employment life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Perform the administrative aspects of pre-employment process and onboarding activities (including candidate/new employee communication, scheduling, testing and on-boarding).
• When applicable, coordinate with employees on relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition.
• Report/ provide timely notifications of new hires to internal teams, including IT, office support and management.
• Send approved communication to new hires regarding start date and first day reminders.
• Process new hire paperwork and onboarding of candidates.
• Verify accuracy of employee and/or new hire data for payroll department.
• Plan, schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
• Generates transaction forms regarding personnel changes including hiring, pay changes, promotions, transfers, retirements and terminations.
• Maintain daily updates to company organizational charts.
• Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
• Maintain system records and compile reports from HR systems or spreadsheets as requested.
• Consistently maintain and comply with department processes and procedures that support the hiring & employment functions.
• Accurately prepare and maintain employee data (Employee Actions Forms, personnel files, I'9s) timely.
• Utilize and maintain TALEO and other legacy system applications or reporting tools.
• As applicable, work as part of the project team for HRIS system upgrades, the development of new modules and site implementations and assist in testing systems functionality.
• Review department expenses for appropriate coding, documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Ensure effective and timely communication with the business areas, department peers, department direct and indirect management.
• Regularly purchase and submit expense and Procurement Card reports for Houston administrative supplies.
• Perform administrative and clerical duties and projects as assigned and needed.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Minimum of 1-3 years of work-related experience.
• Proficient computer knowledge and experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Willingness and ability to acquire knowledge and utilize new software or applications that support Human Resources activities.
• Strong customer service and organizational skills with ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentially in all aspects of the job.
• Associates or bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field (preferred).
• 1-3 years of experience working in Human Resources, Payroll and/or Benefits.
• Advanced computer/reporting knowledge and experience in MS Office suite.
• Knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration.
Back to top