Help Desk Manager
- Washington, DC
We are looking for a dedicated candidate that wants the opportunity to work in a unique environment where balance between work and life is possible. Imagine that! Integrity, quality and value are behind every business decision we make and are at the forefront of what drives us. We genuinely care about our customers, agencies, fellow employees and local community. We set big goals for ourselves, personally and professionally. Reaching them means seizing the day, challenging ourselves and making Every Day Matter. Pretty simple concept, if you ask us.
The Help Desk Manager will be responsible for the management, support, training and development of the IT Help Desk Team. The focus will be to boost productivity and efficiency, enhance excellence in communication and monitor the level of service delivery. In addition to working closely with the business and internal IT teams, identifying, developing and supporting technical solutions is key.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate of the internal information technology help desk
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to provide and integrate IT processes and procedures that can deliver quick problem resolution for our end users.
- Escalate issues timely to next tier support if support team is unable to address the issue directly.
- Manages/Coordinates urgent requests, acting as an escalation point for support issues when necessary.
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed.
- Analyze problem and request trends and data to eradicate most common problems.
- Monitor/prepare Help Desk metrics and present reports to leadership on a routine basis.
- Builds and mentors staff to ensure 24 x 7 coverage and experience levels sync with systems and operational demands
- Evaluates proposals for systems goods and services to ensure solutions are cost effective and aligned with business objectives
- Advises and consults on organizational, procedural, and workflow plans, methods and procedures
- 5+ years' experience in a technical environment
- Experience managing, leading, and mentoring associate level staff
- MS Office Suite 2007 to 2013
- Microsoft Exchange
- IE, Firefox, and Chrome
- Windows 7/10 Operating System
- Remote Access - VPN
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Install and Support of PC hardware and peripherals
- Basic smartphone and table knowledge
- HelpDesk ticketing software
- Strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills
- Task and time management skills
- Strong commitment to customer support
- Ability to multitask and be highly productive in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative/enjoys working in/leading teams
- Strong communication skills
Back to top