Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team in the DC metro area. The ideal candidate will helping establish new, actionable, operating metrics, budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Facilitate the annual P&L budgeting process and subsequent monthly/quarterly forecasts across shared services
- Performance management through monthly variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variance drivers
- Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators and dashboards across area of responsibility
- Work in concert with sales operations in supporting the sales teams with analytics and measurement around strategic initiatives.
- Proactively develop the supported functional areas proficiency in interpreting and acting on financial/quantitative metrics to improve organizational performance; assist in developing and measuring action plans
- Execute ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests in support of the business
- Maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organizations
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting
- 3+ years of finance experience
- Variance analysis of P&L statements
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel (Pivot Tables REQUIRED) and PowerPoint
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies for reporting using business intelligence tools
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to efficiently communicate financial results to both financially and non-financially oriented persons
- Initiative; originate productive actions without specific instructions; generate new ideas, processes and approaches to meet business needs
Back to top