Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, trustees and senior management team; organizes and manages board meetings, elections and communications; and oversees special projects. Provides all required administrative and executive assistance in the office of the President.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work under general direction, be highly organized, detail-oriented, and focused. Must be able to prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit discretion in handling sensitive issues.
- Strong work tenure: five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Adobe Acrobat, videoconferencing platforms (Zoom, Chime, Teams), file- and resource-sharing applications (MS Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint), CRM and website management systems (NetForum and WordPress) are preferred qualifications.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; draft and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including scheduling and attending all meetings of senior staff; drive all initiatives to completion.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, board meetings, all-staff meetings, and occasional off-sites.
- Serve as recording secretary for all Board of Directors and Finance & Oversight Committee meetings.
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives (Business Development) and Policy teams to coordinate the President's outreach activities, including support of annual gala.
- Act as travel arranger for President and other supported executives; research best options primarily using Concur; act as the internal expert resource for organization-wide travel arranger staff; primary point of contact with Concur and American Express GBT account managers and customer support teams; with Finance team, review periodic reports; stay up-to-date with travel and expense reporting new features and best practices; implement carbon offset purchases against organization-wide international travel.
- Ensure department heads are informed of major events on President's calendar; organize and coordinate with appropriate staff to prepare President for speaking engagements, member meetings and special events.
- Manage Trustee and Director lists for mailings, meetings, and elections, including website updates.
- Cultivate relations with Trustee and Board member offices to help ensure general knowledge of the organization's activities; facilitation of communications from the Office of the President, as well as inclusion of organizational information in executive bios, etc.
- Organize and manage high-level external contact lists ensuring timely outreach and meeting announcements for President or other senior representatives, as appropriate.