Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- Participate in existing on-going needs for Energy Trading, Risk Management, and Pipeline/Terminal services related solutions.
- Direct interaction with business users to support enhancement requests and project deliveries.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement enhancements to improve system and business processes to support the goals and objectives of the company.
- Maintain a strong business, and technology understanding and awareness of trends, opportunities, and issues.
- Ability to review, understand existing code and make code enhancements for existing production custom software solutions.
- Develop new and/or maintain existing documentation to satisfy typical needs ranging from user requirements to design artifacts.
- Ability to challenge users in a constructive fashion (based on forming strong partnerships).
This role will be the primary technical contributor potentially working across different applications and business areas. The successful candidate will need to work with business partners & at times individually or with other team members. As such, the candidate will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years' experience in a software or IT capacity
- At least 3 years' experience in the energy industry (ideally energy trading/ETRM systems)
- Technical skills:
- ASP .net
- SQL/Oracle Database, Transact SQL, SSIS/SSRS
- Optional: knowledge of Allegro, implementing class-events
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-direction, and strong organizational skills.
- Proven communication skills with demonstrated collaborations with business partners, team members and other stake holders.
- Ability to contribute to ever improving maturity of software development life cycles.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top