Reporting to the Director of End User Services, the IT Help Desk Supervisor supervises the day-to-day operations of group of 5-6 IT help desk employees. The Supervisor will supervise escalation procedures and ensure service levels are met and maintained. They will be responsible for a team of deskside support professionals located within Addison Group's large offices and help maintain a healthy relationship with Addison Group's outsourced Help Desk. The Service Desk Supervisor must be a customer-service focused leader who can mentor team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the internal team of deskside support technicians to ensure execution of tickets escalated from the Level 1 Help Desk.
- Ensure that tickets are handled in an expedient manner and are escalated properly to the correct department within Addison Group
- Works closely with the outsourced L1 Help Desk, ensuring SLA compliance and quality service delivery to Addison Group's end-user community.
- Works with Technicians to develop and implement process improvements to field operations. These improvements will help ensure that support is consistent across all business units
- Analyzes metrics to improve processes with the focus on streamlining current processes and shifting appropriate work to L1 team.
- Ensures IT assets, primarily personal computers, are properly accounted for and maintain an inventory database
- Supervises process controls and standardization
- Assists in the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Assists in career development/planning and performance
- 2+ years of Help Desk management experience
- 3+ years' of technical experience in PC support or Help Desk services
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required with particular emphasis on delivery of high-quality technical documentation as related to technical implementations
- Ability to communicate with senior and executive leadership
- Minimal travel required (~5%)
Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) preferred