Job Title: eCommerce - Front-End Developer / DevOps
Position Summary :
Responsible for new development projects and maintenance requests for the company's websites.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the technical analysis, design, development, and unit testing for external and internal website projects.
- Follow application development standards and change control process.
- Work with vendors as necessary to complete projects.
- Develop strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Create configuration and technical system documentation.
- Customize and enhance third party platforms and applications.
- Effectively communicate with Agile teams, IT Department, Business, and Management.
- Perform installations and upgrades, provide support and troubleshoot system issues during office hours and after hours as required by the business.
- High level of attention to Business Requirements.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Perform System Administration for web servers, application hosts, and cloud environments.
Experience, Competencies, and Education:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar field preferred.
- Five or more years of related Web Development experience and/or training with Microsoft Tool Set required.
- Strong experience of web front-end development including HTML/HTML 5, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap.
- Strong software development and Microsoft SQL Database skills required.
- Prior experience working with and testing cross-browser compatibility required.
- Familiar with the structure and operation of Microsoft Windows Server, especially development components such as IIS and Windows Services.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols, web hosting and SSL Certificates.
- Experience with Shopify platform is a plus or similar e-commerce platforms.
- Service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and service requests assigned thru the Service Desk Ticketing System.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with manufacturing systems, ERP systems or e-commerce websites is a plus.
- Responsive web design (RWD) is preferred. Cross-browser applications, with a passion for user experience to be exceptional
- Excellent UI/UX exposure and hands-on to produce highly interactive user interfaces.
- Experience with the following Java Script Libraries is preferred: React JS would be a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach, use hands to handle objects, tools or controls, climb ladders, and move fixtures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.