Really important client of ours in the Bethesda area has a need for full time perm DevOps Engineer with AWS experience.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they're creating.
- A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis:
- JIRA & Confluence
- 5 years of Unix/Linux administration
- Very strong scripting and automation skills - you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc...
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- A solid Ops foundation - you're always thinking What happens if this fails when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Jenkins and RunDeck
Back to top