Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
We are currently hiring for a very exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer!
- Design, deploy and maintain internal and production Cloud infrastructure using automated tools and scripts.
- Automate application builds, deployments and system management tasks using tools like Jenkins, Chef, scripts etc.
- Leading all technical activities around Cloud offering and internal environments such as enhanced redundancy, disaster recovery, performance and capacity planning, enhancing system monitoring
- An enthusiastic, self-starter who works in a pro-active manner, providing solutions.
- Able to work independently and as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and to reliably meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate clearly to peers, vendors, customers, and management. Team player with strong communication and leadership skills
- 10 years experience in web application administration for a large corporate web site supporting Cloud environments
- Strong understanding of web application architectures
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Rundeck, and Jenkins
- Experience with Git version control software
- Experience with JEE application servers (Tomcat, Jboss), Oracle Database, Shell, HTTP, and Apache in Linux
- Experience working with monitoring tools and hardware load balancers (F5) is desired
- Government Contracting experience is helpful
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Must be Azure/AWS Certified
Back to top