The Desktop Support Technician II is a team member of the Information Technology department at Addison Group. The Desktop Support Technician II, performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization. This individual must be capable of making decisions regarding the urgency and or seriousness of calls and serve as a liaison between the technical staff of the department and the departments wide variety of customers.
- Facilitate PC setup, inventory management, and asset retirement
- Provide excellent customer/ client support experience, the support should be immediate and precise on all technical issues.
- Provide local and remote support
- Ability to respond to queries in a quick manner that results in great user experience.
- Provide support for the Healthcare Information Management end users (basic setup issues and incidents escalated to tier II by the Help Desk.
- Deploy new PC's to internal and billable staff, and ensure quality of systems being deployed
- Monitor Service Desk (Service Now) Ticket System; prioritize and schedule resolution of each desktop support ticket for region. Keep request status up to date and tickets moving to resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC, laptop and peripheral device connectivity issues for region and other regions.
- Assess user needs and develop technical solutions on work related issues.
- Provide proactive equipment maintenance to make sure PC's/ Laptop's, printers and other hardware are functioning properly. Take measures to avoid downtime and monitor to keep things running smoothly
- Facilitate and coordinate support task with Addison End User Support Lead and Help Desk Dispatch team for remote locations in Minneapolis and Denver.
- Perform daily floor surveys to proactively identify if end user support needs.
- Provide tier II phone support for issues escalated by the Help Desk.
- Proactively communicate with satellite sites to identify support needs.
- Provide support for Health Care Information Management (HIM) end user community.
- Assist users with the use of approved desktop software and identify additional training resources as the need arises.
- Continually analyze areas of responsibility, make process improvement recommendations and keep Desktop Support Supervisor up to date.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
- Experience supporting computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting MS Office (Office 365 preferred) with a strong focus on Outlook support.
- Good team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Travel required (up to 25%)