Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Desktop Engineer
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
Main Skills: Desktop Imaging, Preparing Master Client OS Images, Configuring and deploying Client Packages (SCCM preferred) and Group Policies, Windows Server and Desktops, Citrix Xen Desktop, Law firm experience.
- Manages and is responsible for the development and delivery of Legal Desktop Applications, Physical and Virtual Desktops through Local and Remote Access systems (Citrix/Cisco VPN).
- Implements and maintains supporting systems and architecture to ensure a secure, highly-available and stable workstations for the firm.
- Maintain, Administer, Implement and Support:
- Client Endpoint Systems and Operating Systems:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Citrix Xen Desktop)
- Physical Desktop/Laptop Configurations (Windows 7/10)
- Thin Client Endpoints including Mobile Devices
- VDI Infrastructure (Citrix)
- Including the Xen Desktop Farms (Production & Development), Provisioning Services and supporting Hypervisor Infrastructure.
- Remote Access Interfaces - Citrix Web Interface Servers, NetScaler.
- XenApp Application Delivery
- Group Policy Objects/Group Policy Preferences
- Preparing Master Client OS Images
- Management of Group Policies on VDI and Physical Environments
- Provide escalated level support to Help Desk and end users.
- Configuring and deploying Client Packages (SCCM preferred) and Group Policies
- Configuring and troubleshooting Windows Desktops (Windows 7 and 10)
- Configuring and troubleshooting Citrix or related VDI technologies (Xen Desktop/XenApp)
- Configuring and troubleshooting Legal Applications
- Windows Servers (2012/2016) and Desktop products.
- Provide 24x7 response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a Microsoft, Citrix, or VMWare network environment.
- Previous law firm experience
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Business Development Manager, Addison Group Healthcare
Alli works within Addison’s Healthcare Department, seeking to build relationships with new clients while successfully maintaining existing relationships with hospital systems, physician practices, and other companies.
Back to top