Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Desktop Engineer
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
Main Skills: Desktop Imaging, Preparing Master Client OS Images, Configuring and deploying Client Packages (SCCM preferred) and Group Policies, Windows Server and Desktops, Citrix Xen Desktop, Law firm experience.
- Manages and is responsible for the development and delivery of Legal Desktop Applications, Physical and Virtual Desktops through Local and Remote Access systems (Citrix/Cisco VPN).
- Implements and maintains supporting systems and architecture to ensure a secure, highly-available and stable workstations for the firm.
- Maintain, Administer, Implement and Support:
- Client Endpoint Systems and Operating Systems:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Citrix Xen Desktop)
- Physical Desktop/Laptop Configurations (Windows 7/10)
- Thin Client Endpoints including Mobile Devices
- VDI Infrastructure (Citrix)
- Including the Xen Desktop Farms (Production & Development), Provisioning Services and supporting Hypervisor Infrastructure.
- Remote Access Interfaces - Citrix Web Interface Servers, NetScaler.
- XenApp Application Delivery
- Group Policy Objects/Group Policy Preferences
- Preparing Master Client OS Images
- Management of Group Policies on VDI and Physical Environments
- Provide escalated level support to Help Desk and end users.
- Configuring and deploying Client Packages (SCCM preferred) and Group Policies
- Configuring and troubleshooting Windows Desktops (Windows 7 and 10)
- Configuring and troubleshooting Citrix or related VDI technologies (Xen Desktop/XenApp)
- Configuring and troubleshooting Legal Applications
- Windows Servers (2012/2016) and Desktop products.
- Provide 24x7 response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a Microsoft, Citrix, or VMWare network environment.
- Previous law firm experience
Back to top