Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Redwood City
Pay Range: $100,000 - $110,000/yr
Internal Job ID: 474959
Data Analyst needs experience at a PE / VC firm handling capital calls, fund accounting / tax for PE investors, managing fee waterfalls, distributions, working with PE fund administrators.
Looking for bright, energetic individuals that can step outside their accounting / tax world and help with other business / operations projects. People who are willing to challenge themselves, have strong communication skills and are used to teamwork
- Using data from Bloomberg and CAPIQ to periodically estimate portfolio characteristics, such as average market capitalization, historical entry prices for positions, portfolio valuation vs. average market valuation of company's opportunity set, as well as other metrics such as revenue, growth, gross margin, EV/Revenue, etc.
- Consolidating and analyzing data, such as credit card panels or app downloads from data
providers, to assist the investment team in predicting company metrics, including user growth,
churn, and revenue growth, etc.
e.g., market share position, % recurring revenue, enterprise customer mix, rule of 30/40 and
other valuation metrics
perform other ad-hoc analyses when needed
party software (e.g., Novus)
- Data Analyst candidates will have between two and four years of total work experience including at least two years of experience analyzing large data sets or working with similar quantitative processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field preferred (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or Economics) but not critical. Strong record of academic excellence required.
- High degree of knowledge / proficiency with Microsoft Excel