Location: Denver Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Controller job in Denver, CO
Addison Group currently has an opportunity for a Controller in the higher education industry. This Controller is a key member of the financial leadership team and provides recommendation for improving financial management, directing financial audits, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations and implementing policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for the Controller job in Denver, CO
- Supervise preparation of internal and external financial reporting. (tax filings, IPED reporting, grantor agency financial reports, bond compliance reporting and the audited annual report.)
- Serve as the financial leader, contributing to the institution's cultural, policy and financial framework changes.
- Coordinate the annual financial and compliance audit
- Interpret state and federal regulations and department of education policies and procedures
- Serve as primary accounting contact for the State Controller's and State Treasurer's offices.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of seven years experience to include five years government or non-profit accounting, preferably in higher education
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
Back to top