- Washington, DC
This Hirestrategy Client is a historically prestigious University in the Washington DC Area in need of a Contracts Specialists to start immediately.
- The Contract Specialist works under the general direction of the Director of Procurement and Support Services and will be responsible for the processing and administration of a wide variety of University contracts and purchases.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of both routine and complex procurement that will involve coordination with different campus constituents, external suppliers/contractors, other university campuses, and the Chancellors Office
- Apply a variety of procurement methodologies including, but not limited to, price analysis, competitive proposals or public bids, developed or existing contracts, service agreements and/or leases, all in accordance with the regulations and procedures proscribed by the University.
- Develop, coordinate and process contracts for all manner of University requirements.
Procedures will include sourcing, development of specifications, REP/bid development, RFP/bid evaluation and award, contract negotiation and contract development/execution.
- Perform general contract administration (e.g.: maintenance contract files; analysis of contract financial data; interpreting and applying rules and policy; understanding and making decisions related to contract terms and conditions; writing and developing solicitations, writing evaluation and recommendation reports, writing contract specifications and statements of work.)
- Provide contract management throughout the term of the contract to insure appropriate implementation of procedures and requirements including notification of and monitoring of compliance with contract terms and conditions;
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
Back to top