Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
This HireStrategy/Addison Group client is a nationally renowned, premier leader in education in the Washington DC Area, and is looking for a seasoned Contracts Administrator to come aboard! This is an opportunity to work for a Local University and after one year be eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- Responsible for all phases contract administration which include: leading and/or participating in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer activities in accordance with company policies, contract and legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Primary point of contract for contractual matters providing timely and effective customer communications and develop and maintain positive customer relationships for both internal and external customers.
- Prepares proposals in response to customer RFI's, RFP;s and RFQ's.
- Analyzes and evaluates RFP's and ensures responsive proposals are prepared.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Negotiates, executes, manages, maintains and closes-out DOD and other Government type and commercial contracts.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure cost, technical, quality and contractual objectives are being met.
- Requires independent judgement and analyses of significant issue identification.
- Requires excellent knowledge of policies and processes or assessment of required deviations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline (MBA and CPCM or other related Contracts certification are highly desirable.
- Between 3-7 years of experience as a contracts administrator
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in administration of DOD/Government and/or Aerospace Manufacturing Government contract environment.
- Expert knowledge of contractual and Government regulations including FAR, DFARS. Familiarity with Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Experience with all types of contracts including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement and t&m.
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office, MS Project a plus. Experience with a Contract Management System or Product Lifecycle Management System is preferred.
- This position may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance. Requires U.S. Citizenship.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top