Contract X-Ray Tech
Radiologic Technologist Job Description Radiologic technologists are required to be knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology. A professional technologist will also possess strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner, similar to other healthcare professionals including nurses and medical doctors. A large part of the radiologic tech's job requires giving instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography procedures.
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Preparing equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Documenting information with computers.
- Reporting important information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams.
- Producing diagnostic images of soft tissues.
Back to top