Our team is hiring a Full-time Clinical Applications Specialist for our Austin, TX office.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all issues and requests relating to EHR and clinic peripheral systems.
- Respond to end-user requests for issue resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve problems affecting system performance.
- Create and monitor support tickets with EHR vendors and work to resolve problems quickly and accurately.
- Abilities to manipulate and extract data from the EHR for subsequent, ad-hoc, and regular reporting needs.
- Abilities to capture and consolidate functional requirements into technical requirements documents and communicate documents to the team.
- Configure/Build application functions to meet design specifications and desired workflows. Perform both unit and integrated testing on new application functions being introduced and adhere to established change control processes.
- Work to continuously improve the quality of solutions and services delivered, bringing to the attention of IT Leadership noted improvement opportunities.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise on the operation and application of all clinical applications.
- Maintains a working knowledge of key indicators, standards, and processes related to EMR systems.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure that clinical related applications, technologies, and workflows function as intended.
- Document solutions appropriately and transfer knowledge to team members sharing in the overall support of assigned applications.
- Coordinate with clinical leadership to deliver hands-on training as needed. Provide education and training to designated application users
- Maintain user access and documentation of system configuration.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with other IT staff in support of organizational needs.
- 1 year of experience in clinical application support required.
- Experience implementing and supporting an EMR .
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Must have the ability and desire to work collaboratively.
- A high degree of professionalism in attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Self-learner with the ability to easily learn new software.
- Strong knowledge of clinical and/or administrative workflows.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience conducting training.