Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Contract
The Case Manager is responsible for both case management and employment services for clients of the shelter. The Case Manager will have an assigned caseload and will be responsible for the successful integration of both the housing and employment goals of each client and ensure compliance with companies and other agency contractual requirements.
- Conducts an initial assessment of the family within 48 hours of arrival to the residence. Completes the Family Case Assessment Form; an Initial Service Plan and the CARF. Initiates referrals for the needed emergency services.
- Initiates/Completes intake information (CARES data entry and supporting documentation) in the Uniform Client Chart.
- Ensures CARES data and supporting documents are printed and filed in designated sections in client chart.
- Conducts orientation with clients and reviews with the family the facility rules, clients' rights and responsibilities, grievance/complaint process, emergency disaster procedures, etc.
- Assists clients with transition to assigned residential unit and housekeeping items.
- Provides comprehensive case management, including crisis intervention, counseling services and other appropriate supportive services.
- Commits to using evidence based practices (EBP); strength-based case management, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, critical time intervention, family-centered case management, boundary setting, and cultural-reflexivity to help clients achieve their goals.
- Develops an Independent Living Plan (ILP) for each client, which will define the client's goals (in conjunction with the shelter's housing specialists, child care staff and recreational staff), and track progress against goals, make modifications, as appropriate, and ensure compliance with the ILP.
- Provides hands-on training, coaching and support to clients, and opportunities for practicing skills that will enable clients to achieve their ILP goals.
- Ensures that clients understand and work towards meeting their responsibilities as outlined in the CARF
- Maintains client data in the Uniform Client Chart. Ensures that the CARES data entry and supporting documentation is complete, accurate and current at all times.
- Assists families in obtaining income and public benefits (i.e., Public Assistance; SSI, etc.).
- Establishes and refer clients to appropriate medical and mental health services; education/job training programs; legal and advocacy services and other community resources as needed. Must track referrals and follow-up with clients' progress.
- Assess job readiness of clients, utilizing Standardized Assessment. Conduct workshops on job readiness skills.
- Performs timely and accurate input of all required client information in the Uniform Client Chart (CARES data entry and supporting documentation) to ensure compliance with OTDA regulatory requirements; DHS contractual requirements and company standards.
- Collaborates with the shelter's Housing Specialists to ensure that clients are compliant in seeking permanent housing. Assists with identifying and escorting clients to view apartments.
- Conducts unit inspections and reviews findings with client.
- Attends shelter meetings, agency-wide meetings and staff training, as agreed to with supervisor. Prepare all mandated reporting as required by supervisor, contract agency and funding agency
- Other special projects and responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a related field
- One (1) year social service experience or approved equivalent
- Familiarity with EBP such as strength-based case management, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, critical time intervention, family-centered case management, boundary setting, and cultural-reflexivity preferred.
- Familiarity with entitlement systems and procedures preferred
- Knowledge of working with families and the issues of domestic violence and homelessness
- Experience with standardized assessment tools
- Experience in leading group activities and developing group curriculum
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Back to top