Position Title: Business Intelligence Engineer
The role is in Chicago, IL across the street from Willis Tower ideally positioned to Ogilvie and Union Station Transportation Hubs.
Compensation is between $95,000 and $102,000 with bonus and benefits.
Addison Group is looking for someone passionate about using data to tell powerful stories and drive change through data visualizations and data modeling to fill the position of Business Intelligence Engineer in our Chicago office. The Business Intelligence Engineer would report to the Business Intelligence Manager and be responsible for interacting with stakeholders throughout the organization to understand their information needs and use that knowledge to craft data visualizations through Power BI and other technologies that provide clear key performance indicators that drive the business. They would help maintain and improve upon the company's existing reporting platforms. They must be creative, and able to translate business requirements into useful dashboards end users can understand. They will help build our Analytics Services data model, pulling and joining data from multiple data sources including MS SQL databases and various API's.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Power BI including:
o Demonstrable skills at crafting professional, clean visualizations.
o Intermediate skills at using DAX to craft measures.
- Experience with MS SQL including:
o Ability to write T-SQL queries for data loads and general analysis.
o Exposure to SSIS for light data loads and transformations, ETL.
o Exposure to SSAS for creating tabular or multi-dimensional data models.
- Experience with Python, R languages a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to draw business requirements from an end-user and translate that into business intelligence solutions.
- Strong writing skills, able to document both technical specs and end user communications.
- Proven ability to take initiative, with an analytical aptitude for identifying business gaps and make recommendations for innovative solutions.
- Staffing industry experience would be a huge plus.