Business Analyst - eCommerce Team
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Business Analyst - Technical / eCommerce / Digital / No wimps
In this high visibility / high impact position, directly reporting to the Chief Digital Office. You will be required to facilitate business user requirement gathering sessions with external and internal stakeholders; documenting those requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and functional specifications. We are rapidly expanding our digital team as part of an aggressive multi-year growth strategy and this role is integral to its success.
You will have responsibility to work with IT Project Managers and business users on project requests to ensure timely and effective delivery of requirements documentation in line with agreed upon project timeframe. In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of eCommerce applications
- Provide thought leadership in eCommerce best practices, the selection and recommendation of eCommerce applications and their ancillary systems
- Identify and present process improvements for requirements gathering and documentation of those requirements
- Manage the most critical, strategic and complex eCommerce projects, from understanding a concept or the current state, assessing gaps, defining key capabilities, working across the organization to develop requirements, to understanding tradeoffs, through product launch and ongoing management.
- Gather, define and document all functional requirements by creating functional design documents and detailed use cases. The candidate will meet with various team members to define functional requirements and work with development teams to clarify when needed. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for requirements traceability to ensure all key business requirements are delivered as core functionality in the final product.
- Oversee all testing including web-based applications, portals and integrations for the new order management system.
- Create all test plans/cases based on the final requirements and coordinate efforts with all outside test resources and 3rd party integration partners to execute test plans.
- Gather, define project scope, process modeling, functional design, application testing, team leadership and partnering with internal and external resources to drive projects to successful completion will serve as the foundation for success.
- Triage website functionality issues or questions, communicate findings and enter a project request enhancement or fix ticket as required
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging eCommerce related technologies and the potential application of them within our processes and systems
- Assist with documentation of test case scenarios and review test cases for completeness
- Tracks and reports project status and hours on a designated basis
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
Back to top