Location: Houston Region
Category: Internal Jobs
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Are you an outgoing, results-driven team player? Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic company that fosters healthy competition AND a team-oriented environment? Check out Addison Group! Named Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while embodying our Work Hard/Play Hard mantra. Some of the benefits of working with Addison include:
- Growth Opportunities: Addison Group is focused on organic growth-each year we promote people to open new branches and lines of business
- Work/Life Balance: Results-oriented work hours/vacation package flexibility
- Learning & Development: Cutting-edge training programs for EVERY employee
- Environment: 100% team-oriented work environment with work hard/play hard atmosphere-Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work
- Management Styles: Hands-on, unobtrusive management to help you achieve your goals, regular interaction with Executive Leadership
- Reward System: Addison Group recognizes its top employees with a significant reward, Echelon Club. Bottom line-achieve your goals and you will be rewarded with a fabulous trip to a tropical location!
Business Development Manager
The role of the Business Development Manager requires the ability to act independently with a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges. A full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. The emphasis on results as well as building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is primarily responsible for prospecting new clients for the Vertical / Location for which they are hired, via strategic inside & outside sales activity. BDMs must be able to research and identify prospective users of temporary or permanent staffing firms and develop a marketing plan in order to break into new clients and penetrate and develop existing clients utilizing assessments of marketing opportunities and target markets, intelligence gathering and identification of Competitive Edge. Daily phone activity is required for generating and following up on leads, follow-up sales activity and quality /expansion calls. Outside sales activities such as client visits, prospecting, door knocking and attending networking events are also a necessary part of the BDM's weekly activities. Written skills are required for electronic communication as well as formal proposal writing. The BDM partners with Recruiters in order to fulfill the requirements of each client need based upon in-depth job descriptions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, Identifies and Sells to potential business deals by contacting potential clients, through prospect calls, ad calls, lead follow-up, MPC (most placeable candidate) calls, etc.
- Maintains and updates a prospective client lists of 200+ utilizing internal pipelining tearsheets
- Schedules and attends client meetings to generate new business and expand current business
- Develops, penetrates and maintains client relationships through Quality/Expansion Calls
- Negotiates fees and closes deals in accordance with company goals and expectations
- Represents Addison in a professional and positive manner in all interactions, including networking events and other activities outside of normal business hours
- Documentation of all contacts into our recruitment CRM system, for historical data and productivity reporting
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Four year degree or equivalent
Professional oral and written communication skills
The Successful Candidate will exhibit:
- A sense of competitiveness and urgency for goal achievement
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoyment of varied activities
- Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
- An extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive communication style
- Desire to influence and stimulate others to action
- Collaboration focused on results
- Accountability for results
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top