Assistant Manager, Accounts Receivable
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
A property management company in Manhattan is looking for a AR Assistant Manager to come in and hit ground running.
.What you will do:
- Work directly with the Accounts Receivable Manager on the lease administration functions related to Accounts Receivable for all properties, with an initial emphasis on the Yardi properties, including but not limited to:
- Rent Billings
- Security Deposit Processing
- Customer Service related to rent bill and payments
- Learn the ins and outs of the Yardi platform (Voyager 7), train team members, and ensure lease administration actions are executed timely and accurately - move-ins, security deposit set-ups, move-outs, deposit accounting and related activities.
- Supervise efficient working of account receivable staff and provide required assistance.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and solve residential rental matters raised through various avenues to position the operating platform for growth.
- Work with our Yardi service delivery team and internal business partners regarding Account Receivables functions to identify and implement permanent solutions to business process gaps and system issues.
- Administer, enhance and automate various processes and controls for customer accounts and reporting for other functional areas.
- Be accountable for success - Communicate, Communicate, Communicate ... and follow up through to closure.
- Build systems and processes because this is a new role that will evolve as we grow.
- Be helpful because our external customers and internal business partners simply want someone to care when they bring their problems to us.
- Be supported by teammates, caring leaders and a best-in-class network of real estate, legal, and accounting professionals.
- Seasoned professional in the multifamily residential industry with commercial tenancy a plus.
- 10-15+ years of work history with emphasis on Accounts Receivable and supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of Yardi accounting software.
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- A strong analytical ability to collect and use information to solve complex problems. Amazing people skills and the ability to connect and build rapport and trust with our resident, internal business partners and team members.
- Discipline and the relentless desire to do what needs to be done.
- A desire to grow and take on increasing responsibility.
Back to top