Assistant Corporate Controller
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
ASSISTANT CORPORATE CONTROLLER
We are looking for an Assistant Corporate Controller to support the Global Accounting organization at a NYC based media company. This person will be responsible for financial and operational reporting and analysis, as well as management of the global accounting team. In addition, the Assistant Corporate Controller will have daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting responsibilities and will assist the Corporate Controller in special projects.
- Manage financial month-end close process; coordinate team efforts around the close schedule; and ensure that all required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented and disclosed.
- Lead the monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow review meetings, ensuring
compliance and understanding key business drivers impacting financial results.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve standard global accounting processes and procedures that result in efficient and effective month-end consolidation and close process.
- Lead the corporate consolidations process and ensure that all entities are properly consolidated within corporate guidelines and deadlines.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage and develop accounting team in foreign subsidiaries and in the US.
- Manage the NetSuite Administrator, and support implementation of Adaptive (budgeting & forecasting system) and integrated HR package (Tribe).
- Coordinate with the external auditors for completion of reviews & audits.
- Lead process improvement efforts for accounting transactions, including equity accounting, consolidations and software capitalization accounting.
- Work with corporate banking partners to meet monthly reporting requirements.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll, working with payroll provider to insure tax payments.
- Support annual budgeting and monthly forecast process.
- Assist in the development of key financial policies and procedures throughout the organization, including implementation and maintenance of such policies.
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience, with both public accounting & public and/or private company experience.
- 3+ years of direct management
- Proficient in US GAAP, technical accounting and internal controls.
- Proficient with Excel with a strong systems background (NetSuite preferred).
- Ableto influence and drive business process changes
- Ableto prioritize, multi-task and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ableto mentor and develop staff.
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top