Location: Boston Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Dedham, MA
Title: Medical Biller
This position is part of a centralized team responsible for billing and resolution of account balances associated with professional insurance denials, answer incoming insurance and practice calls with the ability to explain charges, services and insurance billing questions. Work with practices and payers to resolve claim denials and comply with insurance and organizational procedures, policies and guidelines. The revenue cycle associate reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
• Various aspects of medical billing; claim creation, claim submission, and payment posting for insurance.
• Obtain medical records, authorizations, EOB's, remits and referrals.
• Run reports and follow up on denied claims.
• Monitor aging reports for timely follow-up on unpaid claims
• Retroactive review of registration data to aid in the assurance of clean claim submittal
• Record actions taken within patient account
• Serve as a resource for problem solving issues related to registration, demographic and insurance errors
• Work payer correspondence including support tickets, emails, and phone message from internal and external contacts
• Work collaboratively with Coding, Provider Enrollment, and Cash Posting as well as coworkers, Team Leads, Managers and practice staff to resolve claim and account issues
Back to top