Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
A property management company in Manhattan is looking for an AP Specialist.
You should be:
- A team player who believes that helping others win is a noble cause
- A creator who enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems.
- A doer who is passionately committed to excellence and will relentlessly pursue the team's goals.
- Diligent and willing to roll up your sleeves.
What you will do:
- Back up and support the Accounts Payable Supervisor in all duties, including but not limited to:
- Input and validate invoices across multiple systems - some manually
- Process voids, stop payments, positive pay
- Prepare corporate card monthly activity, coding, and payments
- Assist with audit requests and 1099 processing on the SOVOS platform
- Manage relationships with internal and external parties
- Transition vendors to ACH from checks
- Monitor Accounts Payable inbox and respond to vendor queries
- Partner with Procurement to create new vendors prior to payment
- Track gift cards and utility payments
- Support Treasury and reporting functions across the department
- Prepare monthly metrics to gauge volumes and patterns
- Initiate wire payments and Security Deposits transfers
- Compile invoice packages for sales & use tax filings
- Support monthly data upload related to Resident Accounts
- Investigate Payment Manager submission issues with Bank
- Build efficient and scalable systems and processes founded on fanatical discipline to deliver each time we make a promise. Whether it is to our team, our residents, our vendors, or our investors.
- Essentially ... be a utility player across the Financial Operations Team
What you should have:
- Advanced Excel Skills that can be applied to daily functions to minimize manual work
- Analytical ability to mine data and present metrics in a meaningful and concise manner
- Technical experience to be able to interact with various systems (Strong Yardi, MRI a plus)
- Customer oriented to support our valued vendors and business partners in a positive fashion
- Deep understanding (3 years+) of Accounts Payable is required
- Discipline and relentless desire to do what needs to be done
- Desire to grow and take on ever increasing responsibility
Back to top