- Chicago, IL
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Addison Group is in search of an Administrative Assistant to help support our office in Schaumburg. Without the support of the Administrative Assistant, the Recruiters and BDMs are not able to successfully meet with Clients, place Candidates on assignment, or ensure that all necessary legal paperwork is compliant. The successful candidate will understand the time sensitive nature of the requests they receive and have the ability to prioritize their day to maximize the effectiveness of the team members that they support. They will provide structure within an office to alleviate any additional workload from the management staff. This role will work closely with the managers within an office to ensure compliance, consistency, and efficiency across all channels.
Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
Named a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero's Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth-each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere-Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
The position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update and format resumes for both contract and direct hire candidate.
- Run background checks using given criteria communicated through individual clients; Maintain communication with our background representative; Follow up with recruiters regarding drug screenings to ensure a timely completion.
- Coordinate group meetings; provide support for any necessary detail - food, transportation, materials.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally to the team you are supporting.
- Oversee the onboarding process for temporary candidates by sending I9s, obtaining proper identification documentation, and following up to ensure all candidate's onboarding is completed
- Assist candidates with any issues they may have regarding missing timecards, payroll, background checks/drug screens, etc.
- Serve as a backup for the front desk during the lunch hour - fielding calls, greeting candidates and ensuring they fill out the online application, provide identification, and complete tax paperwork and I9s.
- Coordinate with the Regional Administrative Manager for any new polices, updates, or changes to any internal process. Must remain up to date on changes and display knowledge of all aspects of the administrative role.
- Maintaining the teams' postings on multiple job boards
- Implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide any reporting as requested for any management within the office.
- Help with lead generation for teams supported.
- Point of contact for any elevated issues with your team.
- Process unemployment claims and communicate with recruiters in order to collect all relevant information regarding the claimant and claim.
- Answer and transfer inbound calls in timely manner, ensuring short on-hold time.
- Coordination of any additional meetings within the office, as needed.
- Assisting team members with various questions and concerns.
- Coordination of conference room calendars to ensure smooth scheduling between multiple groups.
- Other projects as requested by Addison staff.
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others, including recruiting and market trends, client profiles and other research as required.
- Other projects as requested by Addison staff
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four year degree or equivalent
- Professional oral and written communication skills
Individuals in this position work in a team environment, while being held accountable for meeting goals and deadlines. The Admin must be results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Addison Group will provide you with the necessary training and professional career development you need to succeed in this position.
Back to top