Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client is a large publically traded commercial real estate in the DMV seeking an accounts payable specialist to join their team, this individual would be working with a high volume of invoices in a fast paced environment. Great culture and team-oriented environment.
- Review invoices and pay applications from the project teams for proper approval and documentation, which includes working with vendors, subcontractors and project teams to resolve issues
- Code invoicing.
- Assist with credit card accounts, receipt collection and reconciliations.
- Issue checks and credit card payments for vendors weekly
- Generate and transmit electronic positive pay files to bank
- Research vendor statements and perform account reconciliation as needed
- Archive accounts payable documentation electronically as required
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end closing procedures
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience is required
- Ability to utilize 3-monitor setup for batch scanning, data entry and importing into accounting software
- Experience in processing a high volume of invoices
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office and creation of Excel queries a plus
- Comfortable navigating to and using various web-based applications
- Motivated self-starter with initiative and willingness to learn
- Must possess excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, ability to adhere to multiple deadlines and multi-task
- Proficiency in ERP: Oracle, Great plains, Peoplesoft
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Michelle T.Manager of Talent Development
Michelle oversees the daily operations of the Talent Development Team as it provides onboarding and training programs in order to equip individuals across the country.
Back to top