Accounting Manager (100% Virtual)
- Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Claremont, NC
Pay: Market Rate
Responsible for overseeing all of the accounting for our fast-growing manufacturing facilities. This role primarily consists of overseeing accounts payable clerks and receivable/billing clerks, as well as direct responsibility for all inventory accounting. This role oversee the budgeting/ forecasting and operational analytics side of the business as well our Senior Inventory Costing Employee.
Work with the Senior Inventory Costing Employee and the business to:
- Develop labor and overhead costing rates for manufactured and purchased items to properly apply costs to products.
- Perform analysis to determine appropriate period vs. product costs.
- Ensure proper consumption of the inventory costs within our Dynamics AX system
- Analyze variances to determine where standard rates need to be adjusted
- Develops and maintains inventory reserves to value inventory at the lower of cost or market.
- Identifies variances related to inventory and costs, determines root causes, and makes recommendations to ensure accuracy of inventory costing.
- Reviews margins for established expectations and determines reasons for any changes.
- Review inventory activity and determines reasons for any changes.
- Communicates significant changes in cost of inventory levels according to financial standards.
- Monitors the physical inventory according to financial standards and determines acceptable level of process controls to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Recommends improvements and frequency for cycle count procedures to ensure proper controls and occurrence.
- Documents the cost accounting activities to ensure consistent and efficient process and procedures.
- Participate in finalizing a system upgrade, including a change from weighted average costing to standard costing. Ensure accounting flowing properly through the system
- Reviews WIP reports and inventory flow to identify any problems and to ensure that items are moving between systems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsible for all month end accounting close journal entries, including, assisting the rest of the accounting team with month end close process.
- Responsible for reconciling the Dynamics AX ledger with the parent company's Oracle system
- Performs monthly reconciliations on all inventory accounts
- Work with the Finance team to explain monthly variances and to develop future monthly forecast and budgets.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience. Prior management experience a plus. Strong inventory costing acumen required.
- Strong communicator -ability to work with remote teams and drive effective conversations.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- High level use of MS Office Products and ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) a plus.
Back to top