Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
A large consumer products company is looking for an accounting clerk to help with a season need through October. The candidate will be supporting the New York team due increased workload
This candidate will be handling documents; includes factory payments, duty payments, freight invoices, customs broker invoices, inland trucking invoices
Key Responsibilities and Duties may include:
• Shipping documentation handling: upon receipt of shipping notices and documents from shipper and/or freight forwarder cross check against purchase orders in the system and work on revision as needed
• Custom clearance preparation: submission of shipping documents to custom broker for correction and timely entry filing. Harmonized tariff schedules must be checked and verified with custom broker and other resources as well as other information that goes on duty entries.
• Payment process: processing of various types of payments such as imported merchandise, freight, inland trucking, duty to US Custom and other direct costs.
• Folder/Journal management: all transactions and payment related documents for all shipments must be timely filed and managed.
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to interact and communicate clearly and professionally with coworkers and customers
• Good organization skills
• Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
• Team player, responsible, fast learner, punctual
• Prior experiences in consumer products distribution, supply chain and international trading are preferred but not necessary.
Back to top