- London, United Kingdom
We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, a passion for learning, and we want people who care deeply about their work. We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence. We don't get how combative, and political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork. We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team
We are Adaptive, where you'll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
As a web applications developer, you will:
- Build data-centric, multi-window, multi-monitor financial applications alongside your Adaptive colleagues.
- Use the latest open-source and vendor technologies to robust and scalable UI's.
- Collaborate with server-side developers, user-experience designers and business analysts.
- Participate in a test-driven, agile environment.
- Keep up to date with the developments in technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results.
Required skills and experience:
- You have extensive client-side development experience, gained while building web applications.
- You are a ReactJS Expert. You know how to use it and how it works.
- You have used Typescript on previous projects.
- You have practical knowledge of web tooling such as Webpack, Storybook, NPM and Yarn.
- You are highly proficient with Chrome dev tools.
- You have some experience working with data-centric applications such as those found in Finance or Data visualisation.
- Language: English (fluent)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working with distributed teams
- TypeScript, Rx.js, Redux
- Event-driven APIs
- Energy trading or commodities experience
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
Back to top