Vice President, Finance & CFO
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) sets Acumed's financial policy and direction, reporting to and partnering with the President/CEO of Acumed and with a dual reporting relationship to the CFO of Colson Associates. The CFO plays a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the President/CEO and leaders of Acumed with emphasis on bottom line performance, optimizing working capital and enhancing shareholder value. This position provides useful insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy. The CFO interacts effectively with all parts of the company and is viewed as a trusted business advisor. Critical outcomes include supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational data and analytics, and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business.
- Partners with the President/CEO on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provides strategic recommendations to the President/CEO based on financial analyses and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Participates in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the executive team. Provides relevant and appropriate business analytics to the leadership team so they may effectively manage their areas of responsibility and be aligned with the financial management of the company.
- Reports financial results, business risks, budgets and business strategies effectively to the CEO of Colson Associates.
- Responsible for staffing all financial positions for US and international businesses.
- Oversees the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics; including budgets, Flash report due the second work day of the month along with the CFO's monthly and annual letter included in the monthly 10 Day Package and the annual financial statements. These reports will be submitted to Colson Associates.
- Manages cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
- Ensures the finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Coordinates all audit activities.
- Oversees business analytics and data management across multiple business functions including Sales and Marketing, using explanatory and predictive modeling and other analytical tools to drive fact-based decision making and manage business performance.
- Provides final approval to strategic pricing regarding profit margin in collaboration with Sales and Product Management leadership.
- Reviews all formal Finance related procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward with an objective of creating a competitive advantage for the company
- Develops and monitors all global internal control procedures to ensure uniformity and conformity with Colson Associates Policy Manual.
- Facilitates cross-department collaboration that ensures all financial solutions positively support Acumed's evolving strategy, operational delivery, and data collection needs.
- Works closely with appropriate executive team member to ensure through periodic rigorous testing and other means as necessary that robust and effective company compliance programs are in place and that the company compliance programs (such as, but not limited to, compliance with the Federal Food and Drug Administration, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Aggregate Spend/Sunshine Act, Affordable Care Act) are working effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting and CPA/CMA required; an MBA strongly preferred.
- 15+ years finance and business leadership experience, including audit experience with nationally recognized public accounting firm, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership in a manufacturing and engineering environment serving a global market.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team in a senior leadership role.
- Proactive, and professionally mature with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the President/CEO of a global business.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, pricing, business analytics and reporting.
- Skilled in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
- A hands-on leader with integrity and a desire for work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong verbal and written skills.
- High character traits (ethics and honesty) and ability and willingness to take and defend difficult positions when necessary.
- Bright and astute with good business sense and good common sense with a healthy business skepticism.
- Strong commitment to developing team members.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification and development of metrics and measurements to successfully manage, control and profitably grow businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in the evaluation of business controls (identification of control weaknesses) and in the implementation of control improvements together with the development of methods to efficiently monitor controls compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and efficiently managing components of working capital.
- Demonstrated experience in providing oversight and aggressive management of operating expenses.
- Demonstrated evidence of having experience in continually identifying, assessing and communicating risks and exposures within, or faced by the business and having developed measures to effectively mitigate such risks on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated experience in the continual review and updating of product costing information and ensuring that the product costs reflect actual cost and understanding the importance of communicating to the management team customer and product profitability trends and information.
- Experience partnering with, influencing and acting as a trusted advisor to executive level peers as well as in sponsoring cross-functional initiatives and change.
Meet Some of Acumed's Employees
Regulatory Specialist 2
Janki prepares, reviews, and submits technical documentation to various health authorities—ensuring that Acumed receives the necessary registration for its products in all of the countries where it operates.
Back to top