Senior Project Manager
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) independently plans, manages, and executes multiple New-Product-Introduction (NPI) projects simultaneously. The SPM is assigned to lead teams responsible for achieving project objectives including implementation. The SPM leads projects that are large and complex in nature as established by their scope and budget (see appendix). The SPM works with the Program Manager to ensure timelines and budgets are in line with portfolio goals and objectives. They work with the Product Development Team to ensure the quality of the product and the product meets pre-defined product specifications and design criteria.
- Leads the development of project objectives with the Product Development Team (PDT) and successfully leads team to achieve those objectives.
- Manages 3 7 large, complex, high-risk projects simultaneously ensuring they are completed in accordance with project objectives for cost, scope, on-time delivery, and quality (see appendix). Liaises with functional managers to ensure resource availability and minimum required skill level satisfies the needs of the project and schedule.
- Ensures complete and properly defined project scope by facilitating input (customer preference trials, voice-of-customer, etc.) and output activities and final documentation (IOVV information gathering and documentation).
- Establishes and maintains project scope throughout the project lifecycle, including initial setting of scope, and scope change management.
- Drives and manages Risk Management Planning with the team throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Drives and facilitates proper validation and verification process to ensure customer use requirements (validation) and design intent is met (verification).
- Ensures long term history for FDA audit, identification of best known methods, and future design leverage is retained by ensuring completion and integrity of design history file regimen for each project.
- Facilitates labs for customer preference, design review, and product validation.
- Facilitates internal design reviews and technical problem identification processes and resolution methods as required
- Collaborates with the Program Manager and Product Management in support of the development of strategic product roadmaps.
- Coordinates, prepares, and presents reports to the Executive Team regarding status of projects and the preparation of Acumed Product Lifecycle documentation.
- Manages stakeholder expectations (sets, maintains, and resets as necessary) by regularly presenting and communicating with the Executive Team and all stakeholders the project status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assists lower level Project Managers in developing and implementing recovery plans when their projects are off track (i.e. scope, budget, or schedule).
- Mentors lower level Project Managers in project management business practices and behaviors.
- Provides training and guidance on change management processes and its execution and documentation.
- Provides ERP (SAP) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) training to project management team.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to identify and drive Project Management and APLC process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field and 8-10 years of experience; MS or MBA degree plus PMP certification preferred; or a combination of PMP certification and 10 - 15 years of experience in lieu of a bachelor degree.
- Demonstrated NPI Project Management experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment producing regulated durable goods such as high technology, medical device, defense, or similar.
- Must possess significant experience working with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Experience in a formal gated project management environment.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations required.
- Possesses a high aptitude for leadership as characterized by the following:
- A history of successful project execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in soft leadership skills
- Utilizes multiple methods depending on the situation to lead teams through difficult situations to conduct root cause analyses and apply logical corrective action paths
- Properly communicates project status to stakeholders at all levels, including executives and sponsors
- Is perceived as a strong leader in the organization amongst past and present project team members, peer project managers, and mid-level and senior management.
- Is seen and regarded as a leader amongst peers
- Is viewed as a future business manager within the organization.
- High proficiency and demonstrated success with MS Project (or equivalent project management software such as Primavera) required.
- Experience with project management and product development tools including w ork breakdown structures, mind mapping, design reviews, root cause analyses and other problem resolution methods such as Ishikawa/fishbone diagrams or 5Ys are preferred .
- SAP Proficiency or significant experience with other main frame ERP systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures as well as regulatory requirements in the medical device field or related area.
- General knowledge of finance, including ability to read and understand financial data such as product income statements and return on investment analysis.
- General knowledge of marketing, including market research, sizing, pricing, marketing communications and product launch.
- Ability to exercise a wide degree of creativity and latitude and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Solid interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers, customers and vendors at all levels.
- Ability to manage specific tasks to completion independently.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, develop and influence others.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top