Regional Compliance Officer, Asia Pacific
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Regional Compliance Officer, APAC
The Regional Compliance Officer, APAC (RCO) supports, monitors, and reports on Acumed's Corporate Compliance Program in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. The RCO works closely with the Chief Compliance Officer to enforce standards and procedures to reduce illegal, unethical and improper conduct. The RCO ensures standards are communicated and institutionalized across all business operations within the APAC region and monitors the Company's compliance with associated standards and procedures.
- Coordinates the planning, implementation, and maintenance, enforcement of a regional APAC compliance program, including the implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
- Exhibits an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission and values of the organization.
- Conducts and/or oversees appropriate compliance investigations and audits in the APAC region.
- Supports adherence to standards and implements procedures to ensure the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations with particular attention to the APAC region.
- Provides reasonable assurance to the Director, Compliance and Senior Management that there are effective and efficient policies and procedures in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements in the APAC region.
- Maintains current knowledge of APAC laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes.
- Periodically recommends revisions to the APAC compliance programs in light of changes within the region.
- Maintains channels for reporting problems and concerns without fear of retaliation.
- Conducts employee healthcare-professional compliance training and education to APAC employees and yet third party sales organizations.
- Responds appropriately to reports of compliance violations.
- Follows audit guidelines and measurements ensuring proper controls are in place.
- Minimum BA/BS in Business, Finance or relevant field. Masters Degree or Juris Doctorate strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the medical device or equivalent industry (compliance or finance) preferred
- Working knowledge of the regulatory rules and consequences of non-compliance, Anti-kickback, FCPA, False Claims
- Proven ability to effectively and positively interact cross-functionally.
- Experience with developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- A history of creating strong relationships with partners and key customers to develop and execute compliance programs
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all required documentation
- Ability to read and speak non-English languages such as Mandarin Chinese or Japanese preferred
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top