Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success for hourly and salary positions throughout the organization. Uses market knowledge on hiring strategies and recruiting trends while advising and building strategic working relationships with hiring managers. Performs full lifecycle recruitment for varying level roles including strategy development, sourcing, outreach, screening and offers of employment.
- Sources high quality candidates leveraging a variety of creative sourcing channels to reach target candidates including direct sourcing, social media, internet research, networking, user groups, alumni associations, etc.
- Proactively builds candidate pipelines to fill current and anticipated vacancies while focusing on finding and engaging with "passive" candidates.
- Provides hiring managers with the resources necessary to recruit and select qualified candidates including writing and placing ads, providing training on effective interviewing techniques, participating in the interview process as needed, and finalizing offer letters.
- Maintains current knowledge of hiring trends, competitor information, employment market conditions, and employment related legislation.
- Effectively utilizes advertising resources (e.g., internal postings, newspapers, Internet, employee referrals, etc.), to maximize exposure and find qualified candidates at minimal cost.
- Assists hiring teams with interviews as needed, using techniques that determine skills, qualification levels and availability.
- Liaises with outside employment personnel vendors to strengthen business relationships, resulting in better service, lower rates and high-quality candidates.
- Coordinates fulfillment, tracks, and administers all temporary staffing needs.
- Provides coaching and training to hiring teams on best practices to continually improve their candidate screening/selection processes.
- With approval from leadership, hiring manager and HR Manager, generates offer letters to selected candidates.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices, and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Maintains hiring analytics and reports on relevant metrics including: time to fill, hire by source, cost per hire, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or 2 years prior recruiting experience required.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity Laws and Affirmative Action recordkeeping and recruiting requirements.
- Solid understanding of related basic HR policies and practices.
- Requires intermediate to advanced working knowledge of commonly used PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases, publisher and Internet use (for research purposes).
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written & verbal communication skills enabling this individual to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality, to protect the welfare of the department and the company.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top