Group Product Manager, Downstream Marketing
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Group Product Manager, Downstream Marketing
Responsible for multiple product portfolios, including the development and management of product vision, portfolio strategy, product development roadmaps, and strategic programs. The Group Product Manager is responsible for setting short-, mid-, and long-term portfolio goals and developing plans to meet these goals in collaboration with Sales, Management, and Senior Product Managers. Responsible for financial forecasting, staffing, resourcing, and budgeting for the Portfolio group. Ensures portfolio strategy is aligned with overall corporate growth objectives. Responsible for hiring, managing, developing, and coaching Product Management team including Senior Product Managers and Product Managers.
This role is key to the success of Acumed's trauma portfolio. We are looking for an energetic and motivated marketing professional to join our team!
- Lead Portfolio group by guiding and formulating product and target market strategies; continuously oversees the execution of strategies and drives the portfolio to align with long-term corporate growth objectives.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Portfolio group and is responsible for furnishing them with the resources, tools, and uniform processes to grow their respective product portfolios.
- Responsible for balancing Acumed's strategic goals with long-term market trends and opportunities, and ensuring each product and strategy within the portfolio meets the voice of the customer.
- Direct Senior Product Managers in developing their long-range strategic plan and assist in the launch planning of products to fulfill the long-term portfolio vision.
- Responsible for conducting global market and industry analysis. Identify, collect and analyze market trends, market share, sales trends, and customer needs. Advise Senior Product Managers of trends in the marketplace when suggesting new products or product enhancements.
- Guide Senior Product Managers in preparing long range, annual, and quarterly forecasts for each product within the portfolio. Review product line forecast with key internal stakeholders and builds strategies to meet expectations set within the product line forecast.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Senior Product Managers and Product Managers. Ensure applicable policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Responsible for Portfolio group resource allocation for travel, internal projects, tradeshows, and training events.
- Creates and manages Product Management Selling, General, & Administrative budget for assigned Portfolio.
- In conjunction with Sales Management, develop and manage sales budget for product lines through SAP and reports on monthly basis.
- Participate in conventions and professional exhibitions to develop and maintain customer relationships and to remain aware of product requirements and new market opportunities.
- Manage feedback from field regarding Acumed product and enters data into product feedback database and the Acumed complaint system.
- Lead, support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
BA/BS in product management, product marketing, or related field required
- 0+ years product management experience preferred
- Background in orthopedic products or medical devices required
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and relationship management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a cross-functional team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written English skills (both in groups and one-on-one interaction)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver results with multiple and complex projects
- Previous management experience and demonstrated leadership ability required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top