Finisher 1 (Temporary Assignment)
- Hillsboro, OR
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Finisher performs tumbling, deburring, polishing and blasting of metal parts. They follows written standard operating procedures and work instructions to ensure products conform to quality standards which support patient safety and positive customer outcomes.
Day Shift: Mon - Thurs, 4:30am - 3:00pm
- Understands and follows SOPs and WIs to tumble, deburr, polish, and blast parts to complete finishing job orders on time.
- Meets metric requirements established by production leadership.
- Accurately and thoroughly completes appropriate paperwork and computer transactions.
- Maintains Acumed's high quality standards while performing job duties as measured by QNs and other metrics as determined by supervisor and as required.
- Supports in action and attitude Acumed customer service (Quality, Cost & Delivery), lean manufacturing concepts, and process improvement activities.
- Once approved to do so, conducts preventive maintenance on finishing equipment with general supervision.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Able to strictly adhere to all safety and environmental health requirements when performing job duties including wearing and maintaining in good condition any and all PPE.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience in metal finishing (hand and machine) and media blasting preferred
- Experience with machine operation preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude, good hand-eye coordination, and detail-oriented
- Basic math skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under general supervision in a team environment
- Able to maintain satisfactory attendance record
- Reliable, dependable and honest
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top