Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Under general supervision the Export Specialist follows established procedures to ensure international shipments are pulled, packed and exported in compliance with U.S. and foreign government regulations/laws. The Specialist will be responsible to prepare and distribute export documentation for regional customer accounts, interact with forwarders, analyze shipping volumes, confirm ship dates and collect/archive export & import documentation for shipping transactions as required.
- Analyze and prioritize current shipping volumes; re-prioritize throughout the work day to ensure on time delivery.
- Generate, pull and package deliveries for outbound shipments.
- Create and review shipping & export documents for accurately to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Electronically file shipment information with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Customs and Border Protection websites; communicate status of shipments to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Maintain and archive all export & compliance documentation including commercial invoices, country specific import documentation, customer import regulation requests and shipping forms.
- Adhere to complex customer accounts with customized shipping conditions to meeting changing demands.
- Promptly respond to requests for freight rates and transit times; ensure clearance delays are reconciled in a timely matter.
- Act as a liaison with customers, couriers & freight forwarders to Initiate/confirm shipment collection and flight bookings.
- Process and enforce compliance practices for miscellaneous international shipments outside of regular sales orders (marketing, product testing, general correspondence, etc.); search and apply Harmonized System Codes/Schedule B numbers through the U.S. Census Bureau website.
- Analyze Acumed's active customer list in comparison with the U.S. Consolidated Screening List (CSL) of restricted parties; document/report findings as necessary.
- Initiate and process rework orders for international shipments.
- Perform inventory movements within the warehouse.
- Perform inventory audits when necessary; document and reconcile internal and external errors as reported.
- Understand all department metrics; support company strategic goals.
- Support US Shipping activities and may assist picking/assembly of consignment and launch sets.
- Operate and maintain shipping equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year export shipping experience preferred
- 1 year prior warehouse experience required
- Ability to successfully adapt to a high stress, rapidly changing environment, maintain composure and adhere to daily deadlines
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multi-task while keeping good organization skills and habits
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions to sufficiently understand complex export regulations
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas (inter-department, customers, vendors etc.)
- Computer literacy required and experience with MS Office suite preferred
- Ability to work independently, within a close team structure and other departments
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top