Equipment Maintenance Technician 2
The Equipment Maintenance Technician 2 (EMT2) performs unscheduled maintenance and repair on all equipment and facilities in compliance with all State and Federal Safety, Health, and Environmental Laws. The EMT2 analyzes malfunctions, determines and/or approves necessary repairs steps and executes required repairs. Enters records on inspection, testing and repair activities in recordkeeping system. Prepares reports and records on inspection, testing and repair activities.
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs and installs mechanical, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, HVAC, and other equipment in the facility as needed.
- Dismantles machines and performs repairs.
- Performs repairs and unscheduled maintenance as needed on production machines.
- Provides recommendations based on expertise to Quality and Process Engineering regarding proper preventive maintenance activities and schedule frequencies.
- Performs machinery and equipment installations.
- Coordinates timely equipment repairs with outside vendors including contacting contract service providers and ordering parts as needed.
- Performs general building maintenance including painting, changing lightbulbs, pressure washing, etc.
- Keeps accurate records of non-scheduled maintenance and repairs and maintains required documentation of maintenance activities in SAP.
- Operates a variety of forklifts, power tools, hand tools, measuring tools and other maintenance equipment.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Follows lock out/tag out procedures.
- Responds to on-call repair requests outside of regular working hours.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 3 or more years of general facility maintenance required
- 1+ year(s) of machine maintenance experience, education or training required
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance and repair of production machinery and equipment such as: CNC Machines, CNC Swiss Screw Machines, and air pressure systems required
- Expertise with using hand tools and power tools
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair capabilities
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience using inspection devices such as calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to follow all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all paperwork
- Ability to successfully attain a forklift certification
- Current, valid driver's license and auto insurance and access to a personal vehicle to perform the duties of the job.
Meet Some of Acumed's Employees
Regulatory Specialist 2
Janki prepares, reviews, and submits technical documentation to various health authorities—ensuring that Acumed receives the necessary registration for its products in all of the countries where it operates.
Back to top