Equipment Maintenance Technician 1
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Equipment Maintenance Technician 1
The Equipment Maintenance Technician (EMT) performs unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all equipment and facilities in compliance with all State and Federal Safety, Health, and Environmental Laws. The EMT analyzes malfunctions and recommends necessary steps for repair. The EMT also performs equipment repairs with approval and oversight. In addition, they will enter records on inspection, testing and repair activities in recordkeeping system. The EMT prepares reports and records on inspection, testing and repair activities. With time and experience, The EMT will perform high level technical maintenance and repair on all equipment and facilities in compliance with all State and Federal Safety, Health, and Environmental Laws. Additional duties may require analyzing complex malfunctions, approving necessary repairs steps and executing and/or oversees required repairs.
- Performs repairs and unscheduled maintenance with approval and oversight as needed on production machines.
- Coordinates timely equipment repairs with outside vendors including contacting contract service providers and ordering parts as needed.
- Keeps accurate records of unscheduled maintenance and repairs and maintains required documentation of maintenance activities in SAP.
- Operates a variety of forklifts, power tools, hand tools, measuring tools and other maintenance equipment.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Follows lock out/tag out procedures.
- Responds to on-call repair requests outside of regular working hours.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of machine maintenance experience required or combination of experience and education.
- General knowledge of production machinery and equipment such as: CNC Machines, CNC Swiss Screw Machines, and air pressure systems preferred.
- Prior experience using hand tools and power tools.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair capabilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with and/or the ability to use inspection devices such as calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices.
- Basic computer skills Including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to follow all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all paperwork.
- Ability to successfully attain a forklift certification.
- Current, valid driver's license and auto insurance and access to a personal vehicle to perform the duties of the job.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top