The Enterprise Architect's role at Acumed:
The Enterprise Architect aligns business needs to business strategy and goals, working closely with all aspects of the business, especially IT, to identify technical solutions that align with those business needs. The Enterprise Architect develops a holistic and integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, defined framework, and industry standard techniques to support the EA function within the enterprise. The EA aligns strategic goals and objectives with recommendations to leadership regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organization, capabilities and key business and IT initiatives.
What will the Enterprise Architect be responsible for?
- Develops and executes upon a business architecture strategy with executive approval based on awareness of existing and future business needs and motivations.
- Using a structured approach and methodology, documents enterprise-wide needs, identifies and analyzes solutions, and recommends solutions to decision makers.
- Leads the delivery of end-to-end project architecture decisions and deliverables as a part of the Company's project delivery framework and as approved by the Executive Team.
- Documents the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide the ability to define and measure metrics to guide ongoing governance.
- Understands the primary business functions and processes of the enterprise and distinguish them between customer/supplier focus, business execution and business management.
- Creates early-phase concept assessments and oversees project estimations that help leaders organize business cases for investment decisions.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of reference documentation of the technology assets, including current state architecture and total cost of ownership models.
- Establishes and maintains architecture demand management, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and project management controls and deliverables tracking.
- Prioritizes key investments across projects and formally propose restructuring of projects, investments, or designs to accommodate broader enterprise objectives within the Company's current active project portfolio.
- Defines the strategic, core and support processes that cross functional and organizational boundaries; identifies and describes external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describes which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Liaises with IT team members to convey business needs to ensure alignment of business and IT initiatives and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Six to eight years of prior architecture experience leveraging Enterprise Resource Planning software in a manufacturing environment; experience at this level leveraging SAP is preferred.
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Ability to adopt an enterprise-wide view of the business that includes strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Experience with FDA regulated manufacturing facilities required. Medical device manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to recognize structural relationships within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-functional conflicts and develop methods and tactics to create an enterprise-specific approach to meeting business goals.
- Ability to collect and collate cross-functional documentation and processes and align their collective importance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Experience planning and deploying business solutions in concert with all aspects of the business.
- Experience working with a project management office (PMO) and/or project managers in order to craft and execute project plans to develop and deploy solutions that align with business goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
Meet Some of Acumed's Employees
Regulatory Specialist 2
Janki prepares, reviews, and submits technical documentation to various health authorities—ensuring that Acumed receives the necessary registration for its products in all of the countries where it operates.
Back to top