The Controller is the key accounting and financial reporting authority, and together with the CFO, ensures the overall accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the financial information for financial reporting and fiscal responsibility. The Controller directs the creation of and adherence to the organization's accounting principles, practices, policies, procedures, and internal controls. Directs general and proprietary accounting, cost accounting, payroll and travel expense, and budgetary control. Manages and mentors an effective Accounting Team. Appraises operational results in terms of revenue, costs, budgets, operation policies, trends and increased profit opportunities.
• Directs an effective and efficient operational and general ledger month-end close process and preparation of accurate monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements for Flash and 10 Day Reporting including analysis, commentary, and supporting documentation.
• Reviews monthly detail of consolidation of the financial results of the various legal entities.
• Ensures financial results are fairly stated in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements.
• Establishes strong relationships with inter-departmental co-workers and serves as the accounting and financial reporting resource.
• Creates and implements strong internal controls around accounting, financial, operational and business processes that protect Acumed's assets and profits. Complies with and build upon the Management Company's (Colson Associates) policies.
• Oversees Payroll and Travel & Expense. Coordinates with Administrator to ensure timely, accurate and compliant payroll and related taxes/benefits. Directs T&E policy and related systems/tools (Concur) and travel agencies.
• Coordinates with external and internal auditors for all audit requirements including support of periodic reviews, responses to internal audit memos, and preparation for annual financial audit activities. Manages the annual financial audit including coordinating the annual "C and O memo", footnotes, and recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Coordinates with corporate tax consultants for Company tax return preparation and other requirements including IRS, state and local tax audits. Supports and reviews data for preparation of corporate tax returns.
• Works with Regulatory and Compliance to ensure requirements are met as it relates to accounting matters.
• Works closely with Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Agent Inventory to ensure proper recordkeeping of inventory and cost of goods sold. Ensures adequate controls are established and followed to manage the Company's inventories including valuations, impairment and costing.
• Works closely with Business Services and Sales to ensure proper record keeping of revenue and receivables. Ensures adequate controls are established and followed to manage the Company's receivables and revenue recognition.
• Supports the process of budget and forecast preparation and analysis including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow.
• Works with Accounting Manager to ensure the Company's financial obligations (vendor payments) are paid timely and adequate controls are in place to support proper payment.
• Regularly audits the Acumed financial and control systems worldwide, scrutinizes financial activities and details such as reserve levels of international subsidiaries.
• Directs and coordinates debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies and the Management Company.
• Directs and coordinates corporate insurance with external agencies and the Management Company.
• Delegates authority to the Management Company for banking and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments, certain legal matters, insurance, certain policies, corporate taxes, and issuance of annual audit report.
• Maintains current knowledge for organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
• Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, OR Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position (with a minimum of 4 years with a national public accounting firm) with a focus in manufacturing, product development, sales, and marketing environments.
• Knowledge of finance, budgeting, cost control, and accounting principles including Generally Accepted and International Accounting Principles.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
• Experience in managing and mentoring accounting teams.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems/business enterprise system; SAP preferred.
• Experience in dealing with audits including internal and external financial audits, regulatory, payroll, sales & use tax, insurance, and benefit plans (CERP).
• Experience in managing international subsidiaries.
• Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans and annual budgets.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
Meet Some of Acumed's Employees
Regulatory Specialist 2
Janki prepares, reviews, and submits technical documentation to various health authorities—ensuring that Acumed receives the necessary registration for its products in all of the countries where it operates.
Back to top