ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center ) Account Manager
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center) Account Manager
The Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Account Manager, d evelops new business in national and local Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) accounts, drives compliance in facilities with existing Letters of Commitment (LOC) or contracts. Utilizes analytical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships with administrative, contracting and clinical leaders at assigned accounts, presenting Acumed as the solution to their problems.
This position works remotely, preferably near a major US Airport.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, responding to (Requests for Proposal) RFP's, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Facilitates resolution of customer product issues and concerns.
- Act as a content expert on national contract portfolio of ASC accounts, supporting field teams with strategies to optimize existing agreements.
- Serve as a key member of the sales team who contributes to strategic direction by developing, making recommendations and implementing account strategy with ASC's.
- Assist in the preparation and operation of ASC site visits, trade shows, conventions, and/or clinical meetings.
- Routinely update/engage local sales team from rep to manager on business status changes and pending strategies
- Maintain routine communication with sales forces to both gather information as input to development of account strategy and share information gathered from account.
- Analyze and interpret sales and trend data to develop targeted action plans.
- Coordinate activities involving contracting strategies including sales of Acumed products in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Execute ASC specific strategies by analyzing data for increasing market share within ASC's, coordinating with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Pricing and new product development
- Coordinate specific objectives for ASC's within the National Account strategic plan
- Establish relationships with pertinent supply chain personnel, including heads of contracting and value analysis and develop and maintain key decision maker contact list
- Close new business opportunities by coordinating requirements, responding to RFP's, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with contracting
- Maintain routine communication with the sales force, contracting and the National Account Managers to gather information and coordinate efforts to maintain ASC strategy
- Assist in developing training content in coordination with Medical Education for Regional Business Managers, Agents and Sales Representatives
- BA/BS in Business or related field highly preferred, equivalency in experience required
- 3+ years' experience in medical device sales
- Solid understanding of US Business Practices and markets management related to medical device sales.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to determine which company resources are needed to effectively win ASC contracts and facilitate and coordinate those resources as required.
- Strong presentation skills, written and verbal, to both administrative and clinical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, demonstrated ability to interact with other professionals to gather and disseminate information.
- Strong attention to detail, tolerance for time sensitive deadlines and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Computer literacy is required. Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to understand, and complete all paperwork.
Acumed and ACUTE are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top