Vice President, Management Capital & People Analytics Strategy
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Vice President, Management Capital & People Analytics Strategy
Job Description: Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and sits at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" for four years in a row. Activision Blizzard (the Company) has operations throughout the world, has approximately 10,000 employees and its games are played in 196 countries.
Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Heroes of the Storm®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. What makes Activision Blizzard unique is their highly focused approach and concentration on opportunities to create breakthrough entertainment experiences. In 2018, they achieved record revenues of $7.5B. They are well-positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres and business models.
The Vice President, Management Capital & People Analytics Strategy serves as a key member of the organization's HR leadership team and is responsible for leading the core values, strategy, development and execution of discovering and improving the Company's talent pipeline and culture management programs aimed at advancing the mission of the company and enhancing business results.
The Vice President, Management Capital & People Analytics Strategy will partner with the HR organization's leadership team and key stakeholders to ensure the discovery, development and advancement of our talent bench is led in an empowered, values-driven workplace culture, and will actively plan for, address, and forecast future talent and culture needs inclusive of change management. This includes rigorous, data-driven programs and is aimed toward improving the long-term strength of the organization.
Overall, the Vice President, Management Capital & People Analytics Strategy will offer timely, forward-thinking frameworks and plans on all issues related to succession plans and the organization's leadership initiatives in support of its core values to develop and prepare the talent pipeline to strengthen our critical skills, capabilities and experiences to achieve our mission.
The mandate for this position is specific and critical to the company's transformation. Moving to a high-performing, results-driven organization requires an expert who is a highly effective, influential change agent and a high impact, emotionally-intelligent professional with proven experience of success.
- Provide human capital management leadership to critical and organization-wide initiatives related to improving the demonstration of core values throughout the business and franchises.
- Catalyze organizational performance through management behaviors - linking behaviors to core values, management processes and talent pipelines structure.
- Collaborate with peers across the organization to develop and integrate effective succession planning and analysis to achieve multiple ready-now, ready-soon and ready-later candidates.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve and align supporting systems; create and implement an integrated approach to talent pipeline, succession planning and culture management.
- Influence organizational decision-making with the use of relevant, value-added metrics to analyze and report on same in a manner that aligns with and supports the organization's strategic and short- and long-term business objectives.
- Design and implement integrated talent management solutions including gap analysis, external mapping, individual development planning, succession planning, and management development.
- Advance existing talent strategies and initiatives in a manner that ensures/tracks the quality of assessment, dialogue and follow-up across all levels of the organization.
- Build a comprehensive diversity and inclusion strategy to improve the retention and placements of diverse leadership.
- Guide and monitor progress of high potential employees and identify positions that provide quality developmental opportunities; fosters a culture that integrates succession planning across the organization.
- Lead and develop results-driven talent pipeline and succession tools and processes that integrate with the organization's values and core competencies.
- Oversee, develop, and implement a progressive management index practice that is used to assess the strength of our talent pipeline and succession plans.
- Proactively and effectively address components of current talent pipeline that impede organizational and individual effectiveness in a manner consistent with the organization's values.
- Foster a culture of accountability, trust, recognition and results among leadership consistent with the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
- Lead efforts to streamline human capital management workflows, data collection and analysis, communications and reporting to increase the efficiency of the function.
- Guide the design, implementation and testing of talent pipeline and succession planning related to data, tools and practices in order to achieve improvements in established goals and outcomes. Direct the execution of standard and customized data analysis and reports useful to senior management.
- Provide active, intentional leadership to the staff; provide timely positive and constructive feedback; monitor the accomplishment of team and individual goals and objectives; foster an environment of continuous learning consistent with the needs of the organization, team and the individual staff member.
Year 1 Success
- Within 45 days of start date, deliver a CEO-approved, Leadership Capital strategy for the immediate priorities including the changes to our organization design. Strategy includes introduction of a Leadership Capital index, talent and succession frameworks and assessments that measure the strength of our bench and the gaps we need to buy.
- By the end of Q2, assemble the right operating model, structure and team to perform the job in an exemplary way
- As measured by external sentiment and an increase flow of top quality talent seeking employment, establish a proactive Leadership Capital practice and launch process that promotes:Executive-level alignment and endorsement,
- Positive company brand, and
- Industry leadership reputation
- Significantly improve the bench strength of the current succession plans, as measured by a Leadership Capital index of TBD, and:
- Introducing a framework to determine mission critical positions
- Achieving 2 ready-now and 2 ready-soon candidates for each mission critical position
- Producing a gap assessment to drive priority souring, development and targeted diversity investments
- Implementing a simple approach to tailored development for current leadership and bench
- Ensuring a smooth onboarding and leadership transition roadmap.
- Increase the number of diverse talent in the ready-now and ready-soon succession plans for mission critical roles
- Minimum of 15 years of human capital management experience of which at least 10 years has been spent in a significant senior management role.
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to provide strategic human resources leadership across the organization to both management and staff at all levels as well as guidance to executives in support of the organization's mission. Demonstration of critical thinking and analytical skills are essential.
- Demonstrated, advanced knowledge of leading and proven human resources/human capital management principles and practices including those pertaining to talent pipeline, diversity and inclusion, culture, assessments, employee communications,
- Proven track-record of advancing a corporate culture and successfully improving the bench of talent pipeline
- Proven ability to conceptualize, lead, implement and monitor specific human resources related programs and initiatives in the context of broader business/organizational objectives.
- Requires well-developed and highly effective listening, communication, presentation and persuasive skills, including the ability to receive, process and present both strategic and tactical information to diverse audiences while maintaining effective, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders including members of the Board of Directors, external candidates, search firms, business leaders, management and staff.
- Must demonstrate the ability to balance accountability with emotional intelligence when interacting with staff at all levels; must demonstrate exceptional management skills and core values critical to our company
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Psychology or Business Management; master's degree in business/ organizational development is strongly preferred.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top