Job Title:VFX Artist
Job Description:Your Mission
Your mission will be to create simulations and systems that both mimic real-life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. You will help design solutions where a more procedural approach can be used and possess the desire and knowledge to push our effects and editing tools beyond their limits.
*This is a position is an initial 1-year assignment with the possibility for extension.
In the spirit of inclusion, we encourage all to apply!
- Work closely with the Art Director and art, design, animation, and audio leads to bringing life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama
- Craft compelling moments through the design, creation, and implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Prototype VFX and shaders which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events
- Ability to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
- You have 2+ years of Visual Effects experience for Games
- You have a Bachelor's degree in an Art related discipline or equivalent experience
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You excel in a collaborative and diverse work environment
- You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication
- You Possess the ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software
- You are a strong technical problem solver
- You have Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Houdini. Substance Designer.
- You have experience and comfortable in Unreal and/or PopcornFX
- You have experience creating VFX Shaders
- Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting a plus
In 2019, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 28th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We've worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Crash Bandicoot™, Destiny 2™, Skylanders™, Guitar Hero™, Marvel Ultimate Alliance™, Spider-Man™, and Tony Hawk™.
We thrive on a culture of teamwork, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences
Back to top