Tools Engineer - Vicarious Visions
- Albany, NY
Job Title:Tools Engineer - Vicarious Visions
Job Description:Job Title: Tools Engineer
Reporting To:Lead Tools Engineer
Location: Albany, NY
As a Tools Engineer you will be a crucial part of the development team. Your mission will be to collaborate with team members and others to deliver AAA quality code.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborating closely with artists, designers, and other engineers as we iterate on the tools
- Producing mockups, participating in design discussions, and gathering feedback from content creators and other developers to make sure they're getting what they really need
- Exemplify and promote standards for code, design, development, debugging, optimization, review, testing, and documentation
- Establish mutual trust and respect among your teammates, and celebrate one another's successes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years professional experience developing applications through all phases of the product lifecycle
- Relevant software tool development experience; video Game industry experience is not required
- Strong object-oriented design, development, and debugging experience using managed languages in the Microsoft .NET Framework: C# 5.0+ is preferred, and experience in C, C++, or other unmanaged languages is a plus
- Experience building UIs in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) or similar presentation frameworks is strongly desired, and experience in other windowing toolkits, e.g. WinForms, is a plus
- Experience creating GUI-driven desktop productivity software with an emphasis on usability and architectural patterns (e.g. MVVM)
- Strong communication skills, able to collaborate closely with the tools' users and discover what they need; great candidates will be able to provide examples of technical writing
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, and common scripting languages such as Python is a plus, but not required
As a game studio that's been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top