Tester, Quality Assurance
- El Segundo, CA
Job Title:Tester, Quality Assurance
Job Description:AAA Game Tester
We are looking for Quality Assurance Video Game Testers to work on our next amazing project.
Position: This is a temporary, full-time, entry-level position located in El Segundo, California
Pay rate: $14.25 hr.
Hours: 40-60 Hours a week (Over-time pay rate 1.5x based on state and local regulations)
Benefits: You will have access to a variety of benefits including Medical Coverage, Health Savings Account and more! Learn more here: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Your mission is to test pre-release AAA video games under the Activision umbrella. As a Game Tester you'll verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility. Not to mention, play some awesome games!
In the spirit of inclusion, we encourage all to apply!
QA Testers are a support function within the Quality Assurance team. Under the supervision of the project leads and QA management team, they are responsible for testing and generating bug reports for pre-release video games as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st??Party Compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
This is a temporary position based in our office in El Segundo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database
- Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix.
- Completes regression/verification testing as needed.
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management.
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Experience with Quality Assurance testing of software projects (desired).
- Understanding of the software test cycle process (desired).
- PC and console game troubleshooting (desired).
- 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Honesty and a strong work ethic.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
- Availability to work forty or more hours per week incl. weekends, when required.
The Quality Assurance studio in El Segundo continues to be the cornerstone of end to end QA testing at Activision. The fast paced, dynamic testing environment provides a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow in the gaming industry. You will have unparalleled access to the greatest games on the planet. QA El Segundo works on some of the most successful game franchises, including: Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Skylanders, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice among the recent product launches that we've worked on.
We help ensure our games meet the highest quality standards to stay at the top of our industry. Our success is driven by teamwork, respect and inclusion. These principles are at our core; our innovation propels us into the future. We're proud to be part of a company recognized as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for four consecutive years. We have earned a spot-on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies," and "Future 50" lists.?? The 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top