Technical Project Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Job Title:Technical Project Manager
Job Description: Want to make an impact on the gaming experience of millions of players? Do you love project managing, engineering, working with other senior technical staff, and online/multiplayer technology? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
About this team:
Demonware's vision is to deliver a Games as a Service Platform. The Platform department's role is to create technology and processes that enable teams to do that effectively. Teams depend on the Platform Department to build, deploy and operate their services. For them to meet their commitments not only does the platform need a rich feature set, it also needs to be stable and reliable. Our goal is to deliver world class infrastructure to support Demonware's Title and Products teams.
About this role:
As the technical project manager, you will work with 3 platform teams to ensure the smooth running of projects and own communication with internal and external stakeholders. You will know how to work hard while still having fun in a challenging environment - we take what we do seriously, but ourselves not so much. You will own customer relationships and manage many stakeholders with different business and technical needs. You will have a level of technical understanding to be able to hold your own in high-level technical conversations, and represent your teams to customers and partners. You will coordinate with other Project Managers on projects and deliverables that span multiple teams and departments.
Day to day:
- Work with the teams' manager and tech leads to create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities in conjunction with the engineering managers/leads
- Drive project planning sessions
- Collaborate with team members to establish realistic expectations for timelines & deliverables
- Own scheduling projects, keeping teams on-task, projecting milestones & deliverables
- Pro-actively and effectively manage all Risks, Issues and Change requests for your projects in a timely manner
- Manage requirements gathering across Studios and business partners
- 5+ years PM experience in a similar role
- Exposure to complex technical projects involving multiple teams is required
- PMP or PRINCE qualification
- Strong time management skills with ability to focus on priorities & risk assessment
- Organized self-starter willing to assume responsibility for all aspects of projects under their supervision
- Experience in virtually managing teams
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be able to rework complex project plans at short notice due to changes in scope
- Excellent communication & problem solving skills
- Positive, professional attitude & strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness & ability to learn is essential
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products is ideal
- Ability to travel infrequently between Demonware offices
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, Free Activision Games, Flexible working practices, Pension, top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Back to top